Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Haul Coming UP

I have decided that I am REALLY ready to book blog again. I want to share my views with the world( or a few close friends) and what better way to get started then with a book haul? I am not one to buy a billion books at once so most of my book hauls will probably be only a few books at a time.



The Books I Bought( and Veruca^_^): 

  • Splinted by A.G. Howard: When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.
  • The Devouring:  Reggie is a horror fanatic. When she finds a journal in a box of used books at the bookstore where she works, she "borrows" it. It tells of the Vours, black smokelike beings that possess humans who can't conquer their fear on Sorry Night (the eve of the winter solstice). Reggie and her friend Aaron attempt to make the Vours materialize but instead they possess her little brother. In a fight to the death, Reggie joins the battle of humanity against the Vours.
I also got a cute bookmark. I have been looking for the devouring for a while now.I found it at Books-a-Million for $3.97! I was so excited. My mom came with me on this trip to the bookstore and I am sure she thought I was crazy when I found it.  If you guys have read any of these  awesome books then let me know how you liked it in the comments below. 

Also, please have patience with me and this blog. I am "new" to the blogging world and I need to learn how to make it nice. 

HAPPY READINGS!
Ebony

No comments:

Post a Comment